Welcome

Welcome, fellow genealogists! My blog will teach you about U.S. land records and United Kingdom research. My family has roots in Niagara County, New York; Norfolk, England; and northeast Germany.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

NGS Conference - Arriving in Cincinnati

I have arrived and registered for the confernce. NGS is to be credited for a great registration system, very fast and easy...bring picture ID. My sister and I found a place to have a quick dinner at Fountain Square. Now I need to really decide what to do tomorrow. No more maybe this session, maybe that. It's time to be definate.

I flew with a connection in Detroit, a new airport for me. It was a pleasant experience, partly because I got off the plane and found that I was at the right gate. Yes, they were just cleaning the plane and an hour later I reboarded it, took a different, better seat and continued on the last leg of the trip.

I'm doing this travel log because of the cab ride from the airport to the Hyatt - Too expensive, but we rounded a curve and the whole skyline of Cincinnati appeared before me - absolutely breathtaking. The city seems a good size for walking. Let the work and fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment